Tirabad is located in the village of Tirabad near Llangammarch Wells in the stunning mid-Wales countryside, just north of the Eppynt Moor and Sennybridge on the A40.
Directions to Tirabad
The following directions are intended to get you to Tirabad via the simplest and easiest route in good weather from the South/East. From the North follow directions frompoint 4, after you have made your way to Brecon via the M5 and the A40 – it is not the most direct or quickest though!
- Get onto the M4 Westbound from whereever you are.
- Follow this into Wales and exit the M4 at Junction 32 (Cardiff).
- Follow signs for A470 Merthyr Tydfil. Continue North along the A470 as far as Brecon.
- Just before entering Brecon take the A40 towards Llandovery (second left off roundabout).
- Follow the A40. 1km passed the village of Trecastle take a right turn signposted Llywel.
- This leads onto the Military mountain road (check to see that it is open, red flags do fly all of the time however!). Drive over the range, following signposts for Tirabad.
- After the left turn off the range, a small bridge is crossed after a steep hill and a then a T Junction. Turn right (away from Tirabad village).
- Take the next turn on the left, this will take you pass the Forestry Commission depot (on left). Continue on forest road to a fork. Take left road. Tirabad Centre is 150m in front of you. Hopefully!
Bad Weather Alternative
- Once on the A40 continue to Llandovery. Drive through and take a right turn onto the A483 signposted to Builth Wells.
- Follow A483 to Cynghordy. A nasty right turn signposted to Tirabad is taken opposite the Glanbran Pub. At Tirabad follow directions as for 8.